Tips for a Smooth Loan Closing – Here are some important Do’s and Don’ts you’ll want to follow during the loan process because you’re not in the clear once you get the initial Pre-Approval Letter or even an Underwriter Approval on your loan. You must maintain your qualified status until the closing. I can’t stress how important this is. No one wants to have the rug pulled out from under them at the last minute. If you’re getting a mortgage in Charleston, SC here are a few rules you should follow to maintaining your approved status.
- Do continue making all payments on time including your Mortgage
- Do Continue to work for the same employer
- Don’t make any major purchases (boat, car, appliances on credit)
- Don’t make cash deposits into your bank accounts
- Don’t move balances from one account to another
- Don’t start Home Improvement projects (refinance)
- Don’t take out a new loan or open new credit cards
- Most importantly Do call me if you have any questions about what you should or shouldn’t do.
For a full list of Do’s and Don’ts during your loan see the picture below or reply with a request for a pdf and I will send one along. Coastlend Mortgage will always provide you with the best information and lowest mortgage rates so you can buy with confidence and peace of mind in South Carolina.