5% Down and NO PMI is the best low down payment loan in the country. On a $300,000 purchase price the NO PMI loan is typically $158 less than on an FHA loan because you avoid paying costly PMI. In addition we allow for the 5% to be a gift which makes it easier than […]
5% Down and NO PMI is the best low down payment loan in the country. On a $300,000 purchase price the NO PMI loan is typically $158 less than on an FHA loan because you avoid paying costly PMI. In addition we allow for the 5% to be a gift which makes it easier than ever to buy the home of your dreams.
Credit scores have such an impact on what we pay for items. The sticker prices aren’t affected but the interest we pay on those items is. Most people aren’t paying cash so the cost of an item is greatly affected by the interest they pay when charging it to their credit card. Or the interest […]
Credit scores have such an impact on what we pay for items. The sticker prices aren’t affected but the interest we pay on those items is. Most people aren’t paying cash so the cost of an item is greatly affected by the interest they pay when charging it to their credit card. Or the interest on a car loan, furniture purchase, or mortgage. Now employers are using credit scores as a tool for hiring.
How can you improve your scores to get a better mortgage rate? There are some simple trade secrets and easy to follow tips that will help maximize your scores and ensure that you get the lowest interest rate for your mortgage in Charleston, South Carolina and every other city in the country. Here they are:
Remove Erroneous credit blemishes: Start by checking your credit report. Often times people have negative items on their credit that shouldn’t be there. You’ll never know unless you check. Sometimes people with similar names, especially Jr.’s or II with the same name as their parent , have their credit reporting incorrectly. Check to make sure your report isn’t full of errors
Dispute: Dispute incorrect items. As a mortgage professional I have a direct line to the credit bureaus and can have your credit report updated within 3 days. If you try this on your own, it could take as long as 120 days.
Pay Down Balances: A large part of your credit score is determined by available credit. When your card are almost maxed out this can lower your scores by as much as 100 points. It’s best to have a balnce that’s less than 30% of the credit limit. Paying down balances usually has the biggest impact.
Open new credit: Sometimes getting more credit is the answer if you have little to none. It’s important to have a current credit history.
Make on Time Payments: The most obvious fix is making on time payments. This is the number 1 credit score determinant.
Once we get your scores updated you should qualify for a great loan. The 5% Down loan with NO PMI is the best low down payment in the country. It results in the lowest payment and has helped 1000′s of home buyers qualify for more home for less over the last 2 years. To learn more about the 5% Down with NO PMI loan click here: 5% Down Program
One of the first steps in buying or selling a home is choosing a competent, reputable Real Estate Agent to represent you. Choose well and the Agent can help make your dreams come true by getting you top dollar for your house, in a timely manner, or by finding your dream home within your budget. […]
One of the first steps in buying or selling a home is choosing a competent, reputable Real Estate Agent to represent you. Choose well and the Agent can help make your dreams come true by getting you top dollar for your house, in a timely manner, or by finding your dream home within your budget. Choose poorly and the experience can be frustrating, drawn out, and in some cases will end in cancelling the relationship and starting over.
How can you choose the right Realtor?
1. The best place to start is by asking friends and family for a referral. Just make sure they aren’t steering you to their friend who just got in the business because they’re trying to help them out. Ask what they liked about them. Make sure they have firsthand experience working with the Realtor they refer.
2. You want to work with someone who specializes in what your selling or buying. If you’re a first time buyer, you should look to work with someone who specializes in first time buyers. That agent will be more likely to take extra time to explain some of the nuances of buying your first home. They can help paint a picture of what you should expect to happen before, during, and after you purchase. The same goes for someone purchasing a luxury property. If you’re buying a high end beach house, you want someone who’s familiar with the high end beach market. They’ll know what to look for, what to expect and if the seller is asking too much for what you’re getting. This applies to seller’s too. You want an agent who is honest and knowledgeable and prices your house right to sell in a timely manner. Otherwise you may be waiting 6 months and still not sell. In both cases a good Realtor can save you tens of thousands with their knowledge of the market.
3. Look up potential agents at the local real estate board. In Charleston it’s the Charleston Trident Association of Realtors (CTAR). You’ll find valuable information such as licenses an agent holds, or if there’s been disciplinary actions and complaints against them. Definitely good information to have before entering into a contract with your agent.
4. A good listener is key. A great Real Estate Agent takes the time to listen to your goals, wants and needs so they can be successful in finding you a special home that satisfies them. Otherwise you’ll be in the car visiting open houses weekend after weekend with no success. Who wants to do that?
5. Check out their website. Online marketing is a big part of buying and selling real estate these days. You want someone who has a good web presence and can efficiently implement web tools to buy or sell your home efficiently.
6. Check with your mortgage professional. A good mortgage professional will have a handful of top agents in the area and will direct you to the ones that specialize in exactly what you need.
Coastlend Mortgage is connected to a select group of the best agents in Charleston and surrounding communities like Mount Pleasant, Daniel Island, Summerville, Johns Island, Isle of Palms, Sullivan’s Island and more. If you would like a referral to one of the best agents in the Low Country, please let us know.
About the Author:
Eddie O’Neill is a mortgage expert with Coastlend Mortgage based in Charleston, SC. He has been a licensed professional since 2004, license # NMLS 251457, and has closed more than 750 home loans in his career. His attention to detail, commitment to quality and competitive lending has earned him the respect and praise from clients and colleagues alike. Please direct any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org or 843-388-5763