When you apply for a mortgage, you will need to provide us with a number documents in order for us to process your application. If you have a cosigner, he or she should also be prepared to provide the some of the same financial documents. Having these documents already assembled will help accelerate the processing of your loan application, and get you approved!
Some documentation you should be prepared to provide:
- Drivers Licenses
- 2 Months of the most recent Bank Statements (all pages) to show down payment or closing cost money.
- One month’s most recent pay stubs (both borrower’s)
- W-2’s and Tax Returns (all pages and schedules of the last 2 years)
- Copy of current mortgage bill (all Properties)
- Copy of current tax bill (all properties)
- Copy of homeowners insurance bill summary page (all properties)
- Most Recent Asset Statements to show proof of down payment -All Pages (401k, Stocks, Bonds, etc…). Not needed if you already showed this with the above bank statements.
- Copy of the cancelled check you used for the deposit and the bank statement showing it cleared your account. This is something you will get later in the purchase process.
- Homeowner’s Association Management company (contact & phone number-If applicable)
- Real Estate Agent’s Contact information
- Purchase Agreement/ Contract
- Landlord (contact name & phone number)
- Signed Borrower’s Authorization form. (arriving in a separate email)
- Certificate of Eligibility
- Military ID (front and back)
- Name and address of nearest living relative
- Business and personal tax returns for last 2 years
- Social Security Awards Letter
- Pension awards letter
- 3 months of bank statements showing the retirement deposits
When you start thinking about purchasing a home or refinancing your current home; begin gathering all of the documents that you may need, and file them for safe keeping. This will ensure that you are prepared when the time comes to apply for your mortgage loan!